Friday, June 18, 2010

Scarecrow Roast

I call this a scarecrow roast because it's a no brainer. Tender piece of meat or not, if you cook it right, it turns out tender, so I favor lean over tender. First, I almost NEVER cook a roast with potatoes. Those greedy starches just sucks the juice right out of that meat. I usually just rub the roast with salt and pepper and crockpot it 'til it's ready, but I found these cute little marble red potatoes and broke my rule.
To compensate, I tossed in the whole can {no MSG}:

Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4-5 until you can pull the meat off with a fork effortlessly. Keep cooking if it seems tough. It'll soften up in another 30-45 mins or so.
NOTE: I let this one cool and tossed in a gallon ziplock for quick meals while I finish my schoolwork this week, so no lovely plating.

No comments:

Post a Comment