Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Spinach Stuffed Flank Steak

As many of you know, I rarely use recipes. The kitchen and grocery store are like laboratories where anything may happen. Today I stumbled upon a Flank steak. I have never purchased a flank steak, nary have I eaten one. I brought it home and stared at it. What might it become? It was just begging to be stuffed with some lovely filling, but with what? Black beans, corn, rice, and salsa? No. Perhaps some breadcrumb mixture? No, too cliché. This is the story of how Flank steak became a happy little dish, fresh from the sprouts of my own little mind.
Place on a sheet of foil.
Pound with a mallet
Cover in chopped garlic

Lightly sprinkle with balsalmic vinegar (it makes it tender, trust me)

Top with bruschetta and sprinkled with finely shredded cheese (I know, it looks like a pizza!)
...and torn baby spinach...
Carefully roll meat with the grain lengthwise.
Tuck ends and roll in foil.
Bake at 375* for an hour.
Remove and slice
I think I found a new favorite dish! Too good for words, and the meat was incredibly tender!

No comments:

Post a Comment