Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Fun with Maifun (and more)

For lunch today, I put together a quick little ditty on the healthy side. It may be prepared with or without meat.















Unfortunately, I wasn't feeling too well today and couldn't even take one bite, so I put it in the fridge and C ate it later. For dinner, I purchased some lovely salads and entrees from a local bistro so I wouldn't have to cook. On the way home, the smell of the lovely food was a little overwhelming, and so I thought and thought what I could eat instead. I finally came up with something that sounded good: Maifun. I have never fried anything in my kitchen before, but this was worth the experience. Check this out:

Okay, so MAYBE I got a little carried away and fried two bundles rather than the recommended one. It was just so much fun watching it puff up!
I got up the courage to try some of this lovely salad, complete with slices of fennel!!! (notice the bunch of maifun in the background), but after the first bite, my stomach threatened to do a triple gainer, so I settled for a small bowl of boiled maifun in the nude instead.











No comments:

Post a Comment