Sunday, January 24, 2010

Target Audience

A few months ago my husband asked me who the target audience was for this blog. I explained it was for those who are less likely to ever open a cookbook when they are hungry. It is for those who think that preparing a meal is something that should take little time, and less effort. It is for those who are drawn to the kitchen for the possibilities, and not for the creative hour they may invest. It is for simplicity, not complexity. It is meant to make cooking look easy without math and measurement, and without lengthy lists of ingredients.

I didn't say so at the time, but I guess what I am saying, dear, is that this blog is really for you. It is to help you see that it is possible to make something lovely to eat without taking much time at all! It's a place I can put easy meals that you can make if anything ever happens to me, so you won't wonder how you can make this or that.

His response: "Oh, so it isn't for somebody like Sue S___."

No, it isn't for Sue. It's really for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment