Sunday, May 23, 2010

Lemongrass Shrimp Cakes

I pulled this recipe off of a fellow food blogger, so here is the photo journaling. You know how much a measure so...I doubled the recipe and my little chopper started smoking under the intensity of grinding two pounds of shrimp. Exciting. I really liked this, although I think I might try lemon thyme in lieu of the lemon grass, which is so hard to find. Either way, I don't recommend dried lemon grass. Chop together...
Now grind the shrimp...


Combine the two mixtures (or chop together in the first place if your processor is big enough.
This crinkle cookie cutter was ideal to shape the cakes. Spray first each time with non-stick and the cake falls right out on the pan.



The sauce is just fish sauce, maple syrup, chopped jalapeƱos, red pepper flakes and lemon juice. The correct recipe is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment