Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Golden Beets

Ah, there you are my pretties! While searching for some lemongrass recently, I stumbled upon these lovely golden beets. I am the girl at the grocery store who goes to the checkout line and the cashier says, "What's this?" Fennel, I respond. "What's this?" Endives, I respond. Then she spends the next ten minutes trying to find it on her chart while people give me angry looks from behind.I popped them in the microwave because I am NOT a glutton for punishment, and cooked them as if they were two potatoes each. Then I ran cold water over them and rubbed off the skin.
Meanwhile I boiled some whole wheat farfalle.
and roasted six chopped red peppers on broil in the oven after tossing them with a tiny bit of olive oil.
I layered the farfalle with Classico Tomato Basil sauce, topped with the golden beat slices and shredded cheese and repeated. I then broiled it until the cheese was melted. Served with red peppers on the side. C loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment